How to choose Konjac sponge for your skin? Everything is Here!
Very often, it appears that all of the beauty secrets that work originate from Asia. And our Eastern friends have given us some great ones in the past, like the Korean sheet mask. Now, we can introduce you to the latest delight from China, the exfoliation wonder that is known as the Konjac Sponge.
By just looking at it, it isn't elementary to guess that this tool, designed for exfoliation, actually has its origins as a baby bath sponge. Konjac sponges are that soft, and it is hard at times to view them as an exfoliation tool. Because of Konjac sponges' softness, skins that were previously difficult to exfoliate, due to being sensitive or suffering eczema, can now have natural exfoliation.
Finish reading this article, and you will gain an insight into the fundamentals of selecting, using, and looking after your Konjac sponge. Towards the end of the piece, you will be able to see some reviews of the Konjac sponge, as well as our recommendations for the best Konjac sponges.
What Goes Into Making A Konjac Sponge?
Konjac sponges originate from the roots of the Konnyaku plant, more specifically, the fibers contained with these roots. These fibers are mixed with water and other elements such as charcoal, tea or clay, to make the sponge. Konjac sponge made completely from Konnyaku plant root powder and nothing else, are also available.
Most commonly, though, is the Konjac sponge made from the mixture described above. The ingredients are mixed together and poured into a mold before being freeze-dried and put into packaging. When the Konjac sponges dry-out, they become hard and brittle. To get them to soften again, you simply need to add water.
Here is the detailed process of making the konjac sponge if you are interested: https://www.pusponge.com/single-post/What-is-the-manufacturing-process-of-konjac-sponge
Konjac Sponge Benefits.
First and foremost, using a Konjac sponge is an excellent way to exfoliate your skin. Exfoliating with your Konjac sponge on a regular basis will promote healthy, youthful-looking, plump, and radiant skin.
Why is this, you may ask? Your skin will achieve these positive effects because exfoliation gets rid of any dead skin cells that you may have. By getting rid of the dead cells, it stimulates the growth of new cells, which are brighter and healthier. It also stimulates blood circulation, which gives you a better-looking, glowing complexion. Your complexion is also improved because exfoliation helps to clear your skin's pores and removes excess oil.
As well as exfoliation, the Konjac sponge is also beneficial for you in the following ways:
1.It Cleans Your Skin Like Nothing Else. Konjac sponges' natural fibers really get to the bottom of your dirty pores, removing any oil, make-up, or grime that has been left behind by routine cleansing. In essence, a Konjac sponge will clean your skin like nothing else will, leaving it not only ultra-clean but wonderfully soft too.
2.Removes Dead Skin. If you have patches of dry skin that you want to get rid of or areas of flaking skin, the Konjac sponge will exfoliate and leave your skin looking plumper, smoother, and more refreshed. Keep this regularly going to remove old and dead skin cells and allow for a healthy turnover of new skin cells.
3.Smoother Skin and Fresher Complexion. Using your Konjac sponge every day for exfoliation will help you rid yourself of back-heads, soften any spots of darkness on your skin, and remove rough or flaky patches of skin, leaving only smooth, toned, and fresh skin in its place.
4.High in Minerals and Vitamins. The Konnyaku's root fibers contain many vitamins, minerals, proteins, and healthy omega acids. These help to give your skin all the nutrition it needs.
5.Skin pH Balancing. Konjac sponges are made from materials that have a neutral pH level. This means that they can assist in balancing your skin's pH too.
6.Aids Sunburn Relief. The softness and gentleness of Konjac sponges make them ideal for removing flaking sun-burned skin, without risking any further damage.
Different Types of Konjac Sponge
As we've already mentioned earlier, these wonderfully soft sponges often get infused with other elements such as clay or active plant materials. Depending on the particular skin condition you wish to address, for instance, acne, oily or sensitive skin, or even ant-aging. There are various types of Konjac sponges that can deal with such issues, and the sponges will be infused with different elements accordingly. Here are some common Konjac sponge types and their infusions:
1. Pure Konjac Sponge. One hundred percent Konnyaku root fiber is what these classic white-colored Konjac sponges are made of. They are naturally infused with copper, iron, magnesium, and zinc, as well as containing vitamins A, C, D, E, and B1, 2, 6, and 12. A classic Konjac sponge is a good option for someone whose skin is sensitive that wants to exfoliate every day.
2. Konjac Sponge With Bamboo Charcoal. The bamboo charcoal in this type of Konjac sponge is excellent for detoxing your skin and getting rid of deeply embedded dirt in your pores. It also helps to rid your skin of excess oils that cause acne. The only drawback with this Konjac sponge is using it on an active skin infection can cause the pustules to burst.
3. Konjac Sponge With French Red Clay. Red clay possesses elements that will purify, increase collagen levels, and rejuvenate your skin. It is the perfect Konjac sponge for maintaining the balance in oily skins, or for achieving deep-level detoxification.
4. Konjac Sponge With French Green Clay. As well as offering your skin excellent detoxifying results, French Green Clay will also tone and tighten your skin, particularly so for more mature skins. The clay's minerals make it negatively charged, which makes the sponge act as a magnet, attracting out excess oils, dirt, and impurities from your skin.
5. Konjac Sponge With French Pink Clay. For sensitive or dry skins, a Konjac sponge with French Pink Clay is perfect. Its main qualities come from its silica level, which makes skin more elastic, its anti-inflammatories that reduce ruddiness in the skin, and its ability to detox, which helps keep skin pores clear.
6. Konjac Sponge With Tea. Green or other teas infused into a Konjac sponge will give it additional properties to help fight off free-radicals and the signs of early aging.
Using and Taking Care of Your Konjac Sponge
Including a Konjac sponge in your daily skincare regime is simple and easy. To use the sponge, all you have to do is apply some water to it, and it is ready to go. You may also decide to add a touch of a skin cleanser. Either way, simply use the sponge to gently massage all over your face.
Top Tips on Using Your Konjac Sponge
1. Use a Circular Motion for Massaging. Using a circular motion to massage your face with your Konjac sponge will help you increase skin cell rejuvenation. This is done by assisting with the lymphatic drainage and the efficiency of transporting vital minerals around the skin.
2. Use Your Konjac Sponge Twice Per Day. A Konjac sponge is soft and gentle enough that you can use it twice per day; we recommend first thing in the morning, and just prior to bed.
3. Apply Water to Your Sponge. Before you use your Konjac sponge on your skin, apply water until it is wet all over. The first time you use the sponge, it may take up to one minute to absorb the water.
4. Clean Your Konjac Sponge After Every Use. Taking good care of your sponge will make it last longer. For cleaning, just give it a good rinse with clean water and gently squeeze it to get rid of the excess water. When rinsed, hang it up to dry.
5.Keep Your Konjac Sponge Dry When Not Being Used. As we've just mentioned, you should dry your Konjac sponge after every use. Make sure that the drying area is dry itself, so not inside the shower cubicle. This will prevent mold or bacteria from developing on your sponge.
6. Replace Your Konjac Sponge Every 3 Months. If you are using your Konjac sponge every day to get the best results from it, then it will last you around three months before you need to replace it. Some Konjac sponges are only effective for between four to six weeks, so make sure that you check the package for its lifespan. You will know when your Konjac sponge has reached the end of its effectiveness, as it will remain brittle even when wet.
Where to Find a Konjac Sponge?
Before parting with hard-earned cash on your new Konjac sponge, make sure that you know which one you are getting. Konjac sponges are not all the same in terms of quality.
As we mentioned above, the lifespan of a Konjac sponge can be as low as four weeks, but the better quality ones will remain effective for around three months. To avoid disappointment, make sure that you get a longer-lasting one.
The elements that go into making a Konjac sponge also contribute or detract from its quality. The best only have one or two basic elements, which are root powder and, optionally, clay. Many Konjac sponges, however, have nugatory ingredients and preservatives added to them, such as colorings, antibacterial agents, and antifungal ingredients. These do nothing to enhance the performance of the Konjac sponge, the best of which have 100% natural ingredients.
PUSPONGE is an expert in Konjac sponges and produces the best quality Konjac sponges you will find. PUSPONGE konjac sponges are natural, soft, durable, and perfect for exfoliating your skin.
We checked every element of their Konjac sponges to make sure of the quality. We also checked out the safety of their Konjac sponges, the brands behind the product, and buyer reviews before making our final decision.